Monday, February 24, 2014

Update

What's happening, my main minions?


A good friend of mine tipped me off about this guy earlier and I want you all to see it. He's pretty incredible.

Mardi gras season is officially upon us! I am currently sick in my bed - I had to leave work early because I was sealing a concrete floor and it was all I could do to not pass out and leave one of my poor coworkers to find me permanently urethaned to the floor. I got some acid on my legs and some nasty rope burns on my hands after almost falling off a roof last week. Sometimes I find myself doing these insane things and I realize that I love my job so much it scares me.

The parades have been awesome so far. Apparently from this Wednesday until next, it is going to be a marathon of parades and craziness. I hope I'll be able to stand upright by then without the aid of someone's arm or makeshift 2x4 crutches, but I'll wheelchair it around if I have to. I'll be there.

 
I like to think this year will be more than an accumulation of construction knowledge and a tangle of fresh memories. Being open and honest with people is hard for me. Sometimes it feels impossible. I used to deal with this by going to a solitary place and escaping in my music. When I had a shitty round of golf, I'd listen to this song by Ry Cooder (thanks dad). I wrap up people and feelings in songs; they're how I mark off events in my life. I can't hear this one without crying - I'm pretty sure it's how I've gotten through the past 4 months or so. I think it's funny how music can cut through all the bullshit and get to you right where you are.


Anyways, I keep writing these blog posts in my mind about golf and gender and relationships, but I find exposing myself on the internet to generally be a really terrible and fake-feeling way to iron out your mental wrinkles.


Haha but actually, this year has been a serious exercise in telling people what is really on my mind and it being okay when they don't like hearing it. Also learning that I am a 3 according to the Enneagram has given me ENORMOUS insight into my life. I'm so much a 3 it's ridiculous.


I think that's enough for now. I'll try to post some of the less incriminating photos from the next week soon. I already have some pretty spectacular ones but I don't want to ruin anyone's chances of running for office one day so I'll keep 'em locked up on my phone for the time being.

Blackmail is always a good asset to have on hand.


No comments:

Post a Comment